CNC Routers and Cutters
Performing the tasks of many traditional machine shop tools in one. Our CNC routers are fully controlled by computer systems. These high-quality machines can be integrated with various design software packages. This, of course, all depends on the machine. Our high-quality CNC router machines offer the option to automatically switch tools. This allows the user to rapidly create a prototype, a bespoke one-off piece or thousands of identical items. Continual feedback through sensors and cameras can guide the tool arms. Finally giving CNC routers high levels of precision and repeatability.
Bespoke CNC Router Machine Systems
At Advanced Machine Systems, we aim to give our customers a full range of options suitable for small and large industrial applications. We offer both 3 axis CNC routers and 5 axis CNC routers across a range of table sizes. By carefully selecting the machines, tools and accessories we stock, we’re able to offer high-quality CNC router solutions to meet every need. We can create bespoke packages including tables, various cutting tools and heads, software and support, giving you the exact package you need at an affordable price. Installation, maintenance and servicing can all be included on request. For CNC machines UK contacts us today for our professional customer service.
What are 3 or 5 Axis CNC Routers?
When it comes to machining, there are two main bending machines to look at; 3 axis and 5 axis. Below, we run through the differences and advantages of both types of CNC routers.
3 Axis CNC Routers
3-axis machining is widely used to make mechanical parts. However, these stepper motor CNC router machines have a plethora of uses from the industrial sector, as well as in many other domains like architecture, design, great cut depth and art.
The key factor in 3 axis CNC machines are:
- It allows material to be worked on 3 axes (X, Y and Z).
- Removes shavings in three basic directions corresponding to the axis of a flat surface.
- Suitable for parts that are not too deep.
- Limited when trying to handle a deeper part with narrow cavities.
- Work can then become very labour-intensive with less than perfect finish.
5 Axis CNC Routers
The heavy duty 5-axis machine uses a tool which moves in five different directions with a great drive system. Similar to the 3 axis, it mills along the 3 linear X, Y and Z axes, to which two axes are added, A and B, which the tool rotates around.
The key factor in 5 axis CNC machines are:
- Moves in 5 axes and can approach parts from all directions.
- Better suited for deeper parts, made from a harder variety of materials
- Guarantees a high degree of precision
- Machine designed for faster speed, with reduced vibration
- Requires longer preparation times